Have you just booked your first trip abroad? You don’t know what to take with you? Are you scared of missing your flight? Welcome to the beginners’/rookies’club. That’s how we started. We were anxious, curious and eager to plan the perfect trip and we wanted everything to go as planned.
This is why I’ll give you a few tips to make your trip easier.
- As soon as you book your flight tickets and your hotel don’t forget to print the times and the place you have to be in order not to miss your flight or have to look for your hotel. (Your wallet is the ideal place!)
- Look up how much luggage you are allowed to carry with you on the airline site. You don’t have to pay extra. If you want to carry more luggage with you you can prepay on the Internet (it’s more economical).
- Check in online 24 hours before the flight. You save time by not having to queue at the airport and you can enjoy a cup of coffee at the lounge cafe.
- Get a dictionary and a travel guide. It will make your trip easier and more interesting.
- Always carry a photocopy of your passport or your ID card with you.
- Take only clothes which are necessary. If you want you can have clothes washed at the hotel or at some laundry room.
- Choose comfortable shoes and clothes. A trip includes a lot of walking. Cheap and interesting.
- Make sure your shampoo bottles, toothpaste tubes and creams are of small sizes to save space.
- I propose you carry a rucksack.
- Depending on where and when you are travelling don’t forget to check the weather forecast. Sunglasses or umbrella?
- Make sure you put your mobile phone charger in the luggage and that the roaming service has been sorted out by your telephone company.
- Hey..most importantly! Your camera with an empty memory card.
You’ve packed your luggage, charged all your batteries and the moment you had been waiting for is here. The trip begins
- Whatever means of transport you have chosen on your trip, be punctual. An hour beforehand is ideal.
- If you need help do not hesitate to ask. There are people everywhere for this reason.
- During the flight there are so many things to do so that you don’t get bored. (Listen to music on your mobile phone, watch a movie on your laptop, read a book…or sleep). Everything is allowed.
- You arrived at the airport. Choose a means of transport like the train, the subway/metro/underground or the bus. Avoid taxis.
You have arrived and this is where the adventure begins..
At the destination:
- Be nice and polite. You are an ambassador of our country and you have to set a good example.
- Sample the local cuisine. You will appreciate Greek cuisine for sure.
- Choose non touristy areas for coffee or food. Most of the times the food near the sights is expensive and of low quality.
- Communicate with the locals so that they tell you about places to visit and food to try.
- Don’t settle for the main attractions of a city. Magic lies where few go.
- Don’t forget to buy souvenirs for your friends and yourself.
- Take pictures of everything. They will remind you of your trip no matter how much time passes.
- Don’t forget to use your miles card. There are more trips on the way!
- Share your experiences with your friends. You will inspire them with trips, beautiful places and they will thank you for planning their own trip!
Where will you book your first trip to?